Get involved in BUMBACA:
There are a number of ways that members can get involved in the association. Current MBA students, both first and second years, can both lead and participate in several projects and program such as recruiting speakers for corporate presentations or Symposium, participating in the Collaborative Consulting Program, or leading short-term projects. These projects and events give students an opportunity to gain project and leadership experience and expand their personal and professional networks. Additionally, we are looking for first year students from each cohort, who will act as liaisons to their cohorts about association activities.
If you are interested in serving on a project or committee or as a first year liaison, please email Betsy Stiles at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Participate in ongoing programs & events:
Collaborative Consulting Program
In conjunction with the PNP club, the MBA Consulting Association supports the Collaborative Consulting Program designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain experience in consulting practices and to apply knowledge from their business school coursework, while contributing to the betterment of local nonprofits and the Boston community with vital business and nonprofit management skills. Applications to participate in a Fall team will be due September 19, 2010 and can be found on the PNP Club website.
Lunch Lectures & Workshops
Throughout the year, we hope to bring a variety of consulting and business professionals on campus to share information about their companies and insights about the industry. These events are a chance for students to network with professionals and one another. Professional attire is expected. Information will be made available on the MBA Consulting Association calendar.
The clubs at the Boston University Graduate Questrom School of Business come together to plan Symposium a school wide conference in the Spring Semester with panel lectures on current topics relevant to their various industries. All students are encouraged to take advantage of this great networking opportunity. (Information will be available closer to the Spring Semester. Last year’s event can be viewed online).
Serve on a program committee:
Collaborative Consulting Committee
Each year two students from the MBA Consulting Association and the Public and Nonprofit Club come together to form the Collaborative Consulting Committee, which manages and executes that program, which currently runs once per semester for about 3 months. Responsibilities include:
- recruiting nonprofit and student participants & applications
- holding an information session for students each semester
- supporting teams with resources (a consulting workshop, web resources, etc – varies)
- following up with teams throughout the program (usually 2-3 check-in meetings with the teams)
- following up with nonprofit contact after program ends
- collecting project presentations and feedback from all participants
- For more information on the program so to the Collaborative Consulting Program website.
For more information on the committee, please email Betsy Stiles at email@example.com.
Each year several students from the MBA Consulting Association (both first and second years) plan and invite a panel of speakers to share about a topic relevant to the consulting industry at Symposium. If you are interested in serving on the committee and would like more information about the event please email Sarah Jamali at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead a project or plan an association event:
Alumni and Corporate Outreach
First years that help with alumni and corporate outreach will work closely with Neel Madhvani, Andy Rose and Dan Doherty. Some potential activities include:
- identifying key contacts within alumni database related to consulting, strategy, or other pertinent areas of focus
- working with officers of association to determine ideal approaches and scripts for calls
- calling select contacts to begin forming relationships as requested by association officers
- planning corporate or alumni presentations on campus