For health-related questions, Boston University has set up a COVID-19 hotline for students, faculty, staff and visiting scholars; please call 617-358-4990, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
What do I need to know about building operations during this time?
- All BU faculty, staff and students entering the Hariri building need to be able to show a green Healthway badge and be compliant with the testing protocol required by their testing category.
- Masks must be worn within the Hariri building at all times, unless you are in your private office with the door closed. If you remove your mask within your office, no other individuals should enter that space.
- Disinfecting wipes are available from dispensers placed around the building. All kitchenette areas have been supplied with disinfecting sprays that can be used by faculty or staff to disinfect high-touch surfaces and clean surfaces within their offices space. If supplies need to be replenished, please email Hannah Sutton email@example.com.
- Custodial Services are disinfecting all public, high-touch surfaces (elevator buttons, hand rails, door handles, etc.) throughout the day. Classrooms, team rooms and office reception areas are cleaned and disinfected at the end of the day. Individuals using these spaces throughout the day are responsible for disinfecting the area before and after their use. Ethanol wipes are available in black dispensers throughout the building and in all public spaces.
- Custodial Services are not entering any private offices. Make sure to place your trashcan outside of your office door at the end of the day to be emptied. If your office needs to be vacuumed, please submit a Fix-It ticket.
- Until further notice, the 5th and 6th floor faculty and staff office areas will be accessible by card swipe only. Should you have issues with your BU ID please submit a Fix-it ticket and be sure to include your BUID number. For immediate access, call 617-353-2105.
- All elevators, team rooms, computer labs, and lounges are clearly posted with capacity limits. Room capacities should never be exceeded and all individuals within a space need to maintain a 6-foot distance at all times.
Will Starbucks and Breadwinners remain open?
Starbucks will reopen for the 2021 Spring semester on January 25th. Breadwinners will remain closed until further notice.
How do I contact the student support offices?
All student support services are operating full-time virtually. You may reach the offices by using the contact information below:
- Undergraduate Academic & Career Center: 617-353-2650
- MBA Center: 617-353-7800
- Master’s & PhD Center: 617-353-2673
- Graduate Admissions & Financial Aid: 617-353-2670
- Feld Center for Industry Alliances: 617-353-2834
- Questrom Information Technology Services: 617-353-9858
- For all other questions contact the Dean’s Office (M-F, 8am – 5pm): 617-353-9720
- If you need assistance after regular business hours, contact J.P. Matychak: 617-366-6601
What should I do if I am experiencing flu-like symptoms?
Do not come in to work and call your primary healthcare provider. Call the Occupational Health Center at 617-353-6630 after you speak to your provider. You do not need to go to the Center in person; calling is preferable. Please then inform your manager to keep them up-to-date on your status.
I’ve been determined to be a patient-under-investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 or have been exposed to a PUI. What should I do?
Do not come to work. You must inform the Occupational Health Center and your manager. Contact the Occupational Health Center by phone at 617-353-6630. The team at Occupational Health will work with you and your manager on next steps.
What public health measures are being taken to ensure the safety of faculty, staff, and students?
The building is being cleaned more frequently twice as often as normal using a series of virucide cleaners. You may also see members of the Building & Grounds team with backpack sprayers, spraying furniture and other fixtures.
What public health measures should I take?
Most important are frequent hand washing and social distancing to minimize the spread of the virus. Restrict the number of persons gathering in our spaces to no more than 10 individuals in a conference room, or fewer in smaller spaces like offices or team rooms.