I strongly encourage you to consult the University Class Schedule to review your finalized class meeting time and location. The University Registrar’s Office was grappling with both the adoption of the new university block schedule (see below) and new “optimizing software” which put them well behind their usual pace and meant that rooms weren’t finalized until just before Christmas. You should consult the Link (click “Faculty” and “Class Lists”). Should this not work, you may consult the general University Class Schedule (choose “SPRG 2017” and “QST” – contact me with questions) to verify your location and time.
Most of you will recall that Spring 2017 marks the semester when we enter the brave new world of the university block schedule. The effects of this change will include:
- Some undergraduate courses switching to aMonday/Wednesday/Friday (50 minutes per session) offering pattern.
- Other courses that were listed on the schedule as meeting twice weekly for 90 minutes, but with an implied dismissal time 10 minutes prior, will now be listed as 75 minutes with the expectation that they will meet for that entire period. To emphasize, the time listed on the class schedule is now the actual meeting time!
- In most cases, there is a built-in 15 minute passing time between classes, rather than the previous (implied) 10 minutes.
- Evening courses now begin at 6:30 and let out at 9:30.
- The afternoon sections of the undergraduate Cross-Functional Core will begin at 12:20 (MWF) and 12:30 (TR).
A fuller description of the changes brought about by the conversion to the new university block schedule appear at the end of this email for your reading pleasure.