What is an IRM?
- In short? An Industry Relations Manager
Is there anything a student needs to do before scheduling an appointment with an IRM?
- Yes! They must schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor in the UDC or GDC. This way they can begin to develop a job search plan and a target company list to bring to their appointment.
What should the student bring to/How should they prepare for their appointment?
- Create/have a job search plan and target job list
If an event is full can I still go?
- There will likely be a sign in but if they show up and wait around for a bit and there is room because someone no-shows that they are welcome to join. Unfortunately, Handshake and MBAFocus are not capable of doing waitlists for events
Who sets the qualifications for who can apply to positions on handshake?
What is the appropriate dress for an employer info session/meet and greet?
- For info sessions, please see Handshake or MBAFocus for this information. Dress for those events is almost always business casual or business formal. Meet & greets are almost always casual because of their “drop-in” format
Where are the interview rooms?
- In the Feld Career Center. please tell students to check in at our front desk in suite 110
I have class until 5pm, can I show up to an event that runs from 4-6pm halfway through?
- Most events are split, half info session (4-5) and half networking reception (5-6). If this is the case, they can show up for the second portion of the event. Showing up late to event will qualify as a no show, so a student MUST email letting the FCC know that they will be late. If there are any questions, please direct them to the FCC front desk or to call (617) 353-2834
Where can a student find online help for resumes and cover letters?
Where can a student find the Questrom calendar?
Where can a student find online help with networking?
Where can a student find online help with interviews?
They’re an international student… Are there any online resources geared toward them?
They’re an international student and have very specific questions about their visa, the hiring process, etc.
- Recommend they visit ISS (International Student Services) at 888 Commonwealth Avenue
Recently the CCD has been receiving a number of referrals from Questrom to their office for exchange students and students enrolled in only certificate programs…
- While these students are welcome to come in for resume reviews (they have to make these in person or try their luck as a drop in), attend our employer events and career fairs, they are NOT eligible for career counseling appointments or Handshake accounts.
Student switched their major, etc. How does information in handshake get updated?
- The registrar updates once a month, but if the need/issue is immediate then email Ken Sun at email@example.com
The event is full… what can the student do?
- Unfortunately, nothing. Tell the student they can keep checking back to see if a spot opens up
Why is the limit set at X# of students?
- Fire code/building regulations only allow a certain number of people in a given room and it isn’t something we have control over
If they’re not a Questrom student can they still attend/sign up for Questrom events?
- Unfortunately no, but if the student says that a recruiter/employer told them to, then say that it is okay to follow their advice
Is there just a general FAQ sheet that exists already?
If I’m on study abroad are the deadlines the same? – Handshake will adjust to the time zone you are in. please refer to the application deadline for your time zone
- There’s also a video!