|Fall 2021 Phd Courses||Title||Department||Instructor||Time||Time||Location|
|AC909||Contemporary Accounting Topics||AC||Wysocki||Monday||11:30pm -2:15pm||HAR 658|
|DS906||Fundamentals of Research and the Philosophies of Science||SI||Furman||Wednesday||9:00am - 12:00pm||HAR 302|
|DS925||Methods for Causal Inference in Strategy Research||SI||Simcoe||Friday||1:00pm - 3:45pm||HAR 240|
|IS912||Platform Strategy & Design||IS||Hagiu||Thursday||6:30pm- 9:15pm||HAR 302|
|MK929||Marketing Management and the Customer-Focused Firm II||MK||Keinan||Friday||9:00am-11:45pm||HAR 667|
|MO923||Field Studies Seminar||MO||Golden Biddle||Thursday||12:30pm - 3:15pm||HAR 418|
|OM921||Applying Probability Models||OM||Pekoz||Wednesday||2:00pm-4:45pm||HAR 412|
Register for Questrom Courses
Visit the student link and complete the following below steps. Prior to registration day, you will be able to use the “Plan” option to plan for your intended classes. “Planning” your schedule does not register you for classes, nor does it hold a seat for you in your classes.
- Scroll down the page to find the semester for which you wish to register and click on “Reg Options.” A list of options will appear: “Plan,”* “Register for Classes,” and “Drop Class.”
- Beginning at 7:00am on registration day you will be able to click on “Register for Classes.” Beyond this screen, the system is self-explanatory. It will ask you to input your college (QST), department code (AC, OB, etc), and course number, which will allow you to officially add the course to your schedule. Please keep in mind that registration is live, so it would be in your best interest to do this as close to 7:00am as possible, thus increasing your odds of securing a spot in your desired class.
Register for Courses at Other Colleges at BU
Register for Courses in the Boston Area Consortia
Registration in the Boston Area Consortia is a formal agreement between Boston University and several local colleges and universities whereby BU students can attend courses at other institutions, and students from other institutions can attend courses at BU. The primary schools in the Cross Registration consortium are Boston College, Brandeis University, Tufts University, and Hebrew College.
- Obtain a Cross Registration Petition form from the Office of the University Registrar (881 Commonwealth Avenue, Second Floor) or from the host institution.
- Your advisor or dean, the BU Registrar’s Office, and the host institution’s registrar’s office must sign the completed Cross Registration Petition.
- The copy of the signed Cross Registration Petition must be submitted to both the BU Registrar’s Office and the host institution’s registrar’s office for official registration.
More information on Cross registration for Boston Area Consortia (Boston College, Brandeis University, Tufts University, and Hebrew College).
Register for a Directed Study
If you wish to conduct research in a specific area of interest under the guidance of a faculty member, you may apply for a two or four credit directed study. A directed study may not substitute for a required course or duplicate an elective course already completed or that is offered at the college. Upon completion of the directed study, you will receive a grade from the sponsoring faculty member. The grade will be included in the computation of your grade point average.
- Discuss directed study plans with the appropriate faculty member. If unsure about which faculty member to contact, ask the Department Chair for a recommendation.
- Negotiate area of investigation, requirements and evaluation criteria with the sponsoring faculty member.
- Fill out the PhD Directed Study Form and have it signed by the sponsoring faculty member, Department Chair and Doctoral Liaison.
- Return the application to the Master’s & PhD Center for approval before the start of the semester. Upon approval, the Master’s & PhD Center will assign a course number for the class and register you for the course. A copy of your application, with an authorized signature and course number will be returned to you.
- Complete the directed study under the guidance of a faculty member.
Student Link Plan Option
Select the “Academics” tab and go to “Registration.” Enter BU Log-in and Kerberos Password. Once in the registration tab, click “Reg Options” underneath the semester in which you have used the “Plan” option. From here, click “Register for Class.” Then click on the “Go” button located next to “Planner.” First, click “Mark to Add.” To submit all of your classes at once, click “Add Classes to Schedule.”
You must have your faculty mentor’s permission and complete the Course Overload Policy & Tuition Waiver Form to register for more than 18 credits in a given semester. Every additional credit above 18 will incur per-credit charges. Charges for the course overload up to 20 credits are waived if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- Your cumulative grade point average is 3.70 or higher
- You are registering for a fifth course (up to 20 credits) in your last semester of required PhD courses.
|Registration Planner Available||TBD|
|Registration Begins for Questrom Graduate Students||22 November, 2020|
|First-Year MSDT Spring Classes Begin (IS717)||January 11, 2021|
|First-Year FT MBA Spring Classes Begin (PL700)||January 19, 2021|
|Standard Classes Begin||January 25, 2021|
|Last Day to Add Standard Courses||February 5, 2021|
|Presidents' Day, Classes Suspended||February 15, 2021|
|Substitute Monday Schedule of Classes||February 16, 2021|
|Last Day to Drop Standard Courses (without a "W" grade)|
Last Day for Graduate Students to Change Standard Courses from Credit to Audit Status
|March 1, 2021|
|BU Wellness Day, no classes||March 18, 2021|
|BU Wellness Day, no classes||March 31, 2021|
|Last Day to Drop Standard Courses (with a "W" grade)||April 2, 2021|
|Last Day to Officially Take a Leave of Absence or Withdraw from the University||April 14, 2021|
|Patriots' Day, Classes Suspended||April 19, 2021|
|Substitute Monday Schedule of Classes||April 21, 2021|
|Last Day of Standard Classes||April 29, 2021|
|Study Period||April 30 - May 3, 2021|
|Final Exams Begin||May 4, 2021|
|Final Exams End||May 8, 2021|
Rafik B. Hariri Building
595 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
MASTER'S & PhD CENTER
Call or Text:
OFFICE HOURSMBA CENTER
Fall & Spring
Virtual Appts: M-Th 7:00am-7:00pm; F 7:00am-5:00pm
In Person Appts: M-Tu 9:30am-6:30pm; W-Th 9:00am-5:00pm
MASTER'S & PhD CENTER
Fall & Spring
Virtual & In Person Appts: Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm