Qualified Questrom freshmen, sophomores, juniors are invited to apply to LOCK each spring semester. Non-Questrom students who are minoring in Business Administration at Questrom are also invited to apply.
Membership in LOCK provides:
- A membership to an esteemed honorary service society in the Questrom School of Business
- The chance to network and work with other exceptionally strong student leaders
- The chance to develop strong, long-lasting relationships with the faculty and staff of the Questrom School of Business
- An opportunity to give back and contribute to your school’s success by aiding other students and giving back to the community at large
LOCK expects its member to:
- Attend all club meetings each semester
- Participate in at least two structured tutoring sessions each semester regarding a variety of Questrom classes including SM131, FE101, AC221/222, QM221/QM222, etc.
- Complete additional activities to satisfy point requirements each semester including: Community service, subcommittees, membership events, special events, and additional tutoring sessions
- Reply in a timely manner to all communications from LOCK
- Attend the new member induction ceremony every spring semester. Last year’s induction was on on April 3, 2017.
LOCK is looking for members who:
- Have displayed excellent academic ability
- Are able to communicate effectively with other students
- Have the time available to be an active member
- Demonstrated passion and ability to contribute to the organization
Admission requirements for LOCK:
- Current, full-time Questrom student or Questrom minor with at least one semester left after the current one
- Minimum of 3.30 Cumulative GPA (the cumulative gpa must cover a minimum of 32 credit hours completed at the School)
- Completion of SM131 necessary
- Candidates cannot be on disciplinary probation at the time of application for membership
- Candidates must demonstrate a bona fide interest to serve LOCK and the School
- Candidates can apply while studying abroad
- Be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior at Boston University
The process consists of an application, an essay component, and an interview conducted by the LOCK E-board. Eligible students will receive an invitation to apply mid-semester. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about recruitment.