The Patient/Family Relations Manager works under the direction of the Director of Service Excellence (SE) and Performance Improvement (PI) to oversee all patient and family relations efforts at Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. The manager serves as a liaison between patients, families, and BWFH in acknowledging and responding to concerns and requests in a compassionate and supportive manner. Focus is on supporting patient’s rights, advocating for patient/family needs, and assisting to resolve any clinical, educational or administrative issues and problems. This role embodies the institution’s commitment to service excellence, and a strong patient and family centered culture.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a 162 bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five years’ relevant experience in healthcare and at least two years in patient relations in an acute care hospital.
- Ability to advocate for patients and families in a complex clinical environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with individuals in crisis.
- Excellent negotiation skills in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- High level of sensitivity to confidential information.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization (senior management and physician leadership to front-line staff)
- Superior organizational skills, with ability to function independently and effectively in a changing environment, develop timelines and meet deadlines, prioritize multiple projects, and manage time effectively.
- Experience working with data and databases.
- Adheres to all I C.A.R.E. Standards