The Online MBA program at Boston University’s Questrom School of Business is a new program (launched in the fall semester 2020) to bring an integrated graduate business curriculum to a global learning community at scale.
The Questrom Online MBA (OMBA) Program is delivered in six modules (“MODs”), comprising content from two or more business functions and delivered by multiple faculty.
- Mod 1: Creating Value for Business and Society
- Mod 2: Managing Performance with Data
- Mod 3: Leading with Integrity
- Mod 4: Managing Risk
- Mod 5: Leveraging Global Opportunities
- Mod 6: Fostering an Innovative Mindset
Each module also includes an integrating learning experience designed to instill an appreciation of business as a holistic endeavor rather than a collection of functional silos. These integrating experiences and the holistic design of the OMBA Program require coordination among the faculty teaching in each MOD. The experience also requires the coordination and collaboration of many teams: faculty, learning facilitators, learning designers, student success specialists, and so on.
We seek a candidate who is passionate about joining our growing Online MBA team! The Learning Facilitator will work closely with the faculty as they develop the course content and write assessments; the Learning Facilitator then manages the delivery of that content and will be the main academic touchpoint for the students. This is a one-year appointment with an opportunity for extension.
The Learning Facilitator role involves a variety of activities carried out during the MOD. The goals are to assure that students receive ongoing feedback, consistent with rubrics designed by the Faculty MOD Lead, that student questions and concerns are addressed, and that the learning experience is the best it can be. Specific responsibilities include:
- Hold regular online office hours to meet with individual students and student teams.
- Respond to student messages and address issues as appropriate.
- Under supervision of Faculty MOD Lead, grade assignments and forums using rubrics.
- Provide feedback to students on their MOD performance.
- Grade assignments
- Monitor and engage in discussion forum.
- Help manage Live Sessions
- Perform weekend on-call duties as necessary, representing your Learning Facilitator MOD team to the broader OMBA delivery team (weekend on-call is not every or all weekends)
- Support course material development in collaboration with teaching faculty and learning designers, ensuring on-time delivery of accurate and appropriate course assessments
- Other relevant duties that support student learning