Selecting Your Courses
Courses: In their first semester at Boston University, Questrom transfer students will take five or six courses, either 16 or 20 credits. A student is considered to be enrolled full time in a semester when the student has registered for 12–18 credits. PLEASE NOTE during your first semester you will be able to take up to 20 credits at no additional charge and that you will be registered for SM131 and SM132 in advance. The only course(s) below for which you will register are ES 215, “additional courses”, and, if needed, Calculus and the CAS writing course.
- QST SM131 and SM132: SM131 Business, Ethics, and the Creation of Value and SM132 Measuring Financial Value are required for all new transfer students. Incoming transfer students for the Fall 2019 will be preregistered for assigned sections of both SM131 and SM132, these sections can not be changed as they are a cohorted experience. SM131/SM132 are prerequisites to all other Questrom courses. Please be sure to review important minimum grade requirement information. You have been registered for these courses already.
- QST ES215: Executive Skills Seminar. This is the first of two executive skills seminars you will take as a Questrom students. It is a 2-credit course you must take during your first semester in Questrom.
- CAS MA 121 or CAS MA 123: if you do not have calculus credit you must take either CAS MA 121 or CAS MA 123 as calculus is a prerequisite for many of the Questrom courses.
- CAS writing course (if necessary): All students are required to take the writing seminar WR120. If you have previous composition coursework please send your syllabi to the Registrar’s Office to as soon as possible as you may place out of the Writing course requirements, allowing you to take an additional elective.
- 1-3 additional courses: This will vary based on your transfer credits. For example you may take microeconomics (CAS EC101), macroeconomics (CAS EC102), a Liberal Arts Distribution requirements and electives, or other non-management electives, depending on your transfer credit.