MINORING OUTSIDE QUESTROM
This is for Questrom students who are interested in more than just business but don’t have the time to take on a whole other major! To declare a minor, follow the steps below:
- Find your interest.
- Submit the form.
- Meet with an advisor in the UDC to plan your minor into your schedule.
- Have an exception that needs to be approved? Use the Minor Exception form.
Choose the college you would like to minor in for details!
MINORING INSIDE QUESTROM
This is for students outside of Questrom who would like to minor in business! In order to do so, students must accomplish the following:
- Receive approval from their Boston University home school or college.
- Take 6 courses in the Questrom School of Business.
- Receive a minimum of a C- in these classes
IMPORTANT NOTE: For Fall 2017, the gateway courses (SM131 and FE101) are at full capacity. No additional students taking these classes for the first time will be added.
|SM 131||Business, Society and Ethics||✔||✔||✔|
|FE 101||Introduction to Finance (2 credits)||✔||✔||✔|
|AC 221||Financial Accounting||SM 131, Suggested MA 121 previous or concurrent||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|AC 222||Managerial Accounting||AC 221; QM 221 previous or concurrent||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|OB 221||Dynamics of Leading Organizations||SM 131||✔||✔||12 week course|
|QM 221*||Probabilistic and Statistical Decision Making for Management||SM 131, Suggested MA 121 previous or concurrent||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|EC 101||Introductory Microeconomic Analysis||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|EC 102||Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Permissible substitutions for QST QM221
- CAS EC203
- CAS EC303
- CAS MA115 & MA116 (together)
- CAS MA213 & MA214 (together)
- CAS PS 211
- ENG BE200
- ENG EC381
- ENG ME366
Students who use one of the above classes to fulfill QM 221 must take an additional class in Questrom. Options include AC347, IM 345, LA 245, OB 300-level courses, and QM 222.
FOR SHA STUDENTS
A minor in Business Administration has been designed for School of Hospitality Administration undergraduate students who want a general introduction to the concepts and functions of management as it relates to the hospitality industry.
- QST SM131 – Business, Society and Ethics (prerequisite for all Questrom courses).
- QST FE101 – Introduction to Finance (2 credits). Students are encouraged to take SM131 and FE101 concurrently.
- QST OB221 – The Dynamics of Leading Organizations.
- QST QM221 (formerly SM221) – Probabilistic and Statistical Decision Making for Management
- QST IM345 – International Business Environment
- For the sixth required course, please choose one of the following:
- CAS EC101 – Introductory Microeconomic Analysis
- CAS EC102 – Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis
- Introductory courses in calculus and computer science are recommended, but not required.
- Any other substitutions must be approved by a Questrom academic advisor before transfer credit will be awarded.
Undergraduate Academic & Career Development Center
Rafik B. Hariri Building
595 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 104
Boston, MA 02215