The links below will help you discover and research various jobs, companies, industries, and networking opportunities. These resources are great places to begin your discovery or help you learn more specific information about what you are interested in. Career Advisors are here to provide guidance on how to best utilize these resources and much more. Once you have discovered your specific industry and companies of interest, the UDC connects you with Industry Relations Managers from the Feld Center. The Industry Relations Managers are industry experts and conduits to alumni in those areas. Our goal is to work together to help you feel confident in the career path you choose. To support that exploration process, the UDC Career Advising Team has vetted a number of resources that will help you explore careers, companies, networking opportunities and more with some incredible resources. As your interests, skills and values change so will your career interests, so please refer to these resources as you move along in that journey.
- Vault – Vault provides in-depth intelligence on what it can be like to work within an industry, company, or profession. Vault also provides extensive information on more than 840 professions, including education requirements, skill requirements, salaries, advancement prospects, and more. Vault also has numerous career and interviewing guidebooks in industries such as law, consulting, investment banking, accounting, investment management, private equity, hedge funds, Internet and social media, health care, advertising, and more!
- Candid Career – Browse through hundreds of career videos to help jumpstart your career exploration. Candid Career provides videos of professionals in a variety of roles and industries describing what their career is like. Learn about job descriptions, pros/cons, how to prepare to enter the field, and each professionals unique story. Additionally, take a glance at the career skills videos covering topics including interviewing, personal branding, and much, much more.
- PathSource – Connect the dots between education, careers, lifestyle and budget. Prerecorded informational interviews with professionals give you unbiased insights into thousands of careers. Sign up with your bu.edu email, and the activation code is BOS860. You will need that code the first time you sign into the website only. Find more detailed instructions here.
- O*Net – Investigate detailed descriptions of the world of work and discover more about your own work preference styles by taking the Interest Profiler!
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS collects, analyzes, and disseminates essential information about careers trajectories, duties, trends, and employment statistics
- Wetfeet Career Guides – Experts in various fields set out clear and easy-to-follow advice for landing the job you want and what a career in certain fields may look like.
- On Campus Research Opportunities – Explore your interests and enhance your skillset by gaining experience as a research assistant at Questrom
- Questrom Student Organizations – Explore interests and industries. Gain exposure to alumni, companies, and opportunities to build technical skills and expand your network
- Questrom Events – Check out Questrom Calendar to find out about UDC events, company events, and further your career knowledge
- Pardee Library Resources – Explore industries, companies, and conduct pre-interview research using resources from the Pardee library
- Vault – At Vault you can research background information about companies and industries. Vault provides information on nearly 5,000 companies in more than 120 industries.
- Glassdoor – Explore the inside scoop on companies through employee reviews, interview insights, salary reports, and more.
- LinkedIn – Explore companies and the employees who work there that you may have a connection to. You can also explore similar companies to the one you are searching for by utilizing key company profile features.
Management Information Systems
Operations & Technology Management
Strategy & Innovation
Undergraduate Academic & Career Development Center
Rafik B. Hariri Building
595 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 104
Boston, MA 02215