Add a Questrom Course
To add a Questrom course or change the section of a Questrom course after the first day of classes, you will need to follow these steps:
- Pick up an Add/Drop form from the Undergraduate Academic & Career Development Center or in the Office of the University Registrar, located at 881 Commonwealth Avenue.
- Fill in the top section of the form with all of your personal information.
- Fill in the appropriate section with the course information.
- Check the Student Link (bu.edu/studentlink) to make sure that the course for which you want to register has open seats. Please realize, however, that it is the professor’s decision whether or not to sign you into the course, even if the course appears to have open seats.
- Attend the first class session or contact the course professor to see if he/she is willing to allow you to register for the course. Get his/her signature on the Add/Drop form.
- Take the completed form to the Undergraduate Academic & Career Development Center (until the day before the scheduled Last Day to Add) or the Office of the University Registrar.
- After three business days, check the Student Link to verify that your registration has been adjusted.
For CAS and CFA courses, you may add a course that shows open seats via WebReg through the add deadline. For courses in other schools or colleges, please contact the department for add/drop instructions as their policies vary.
Drop a Course
- ** For courses with non-standard dates (i.e. Career Management Seminars), please see the deadlines to add, drop and withdraw listed with the course on the University Class Schedule on the Student Link.
- Students may only add courses during the first two weeks of the semester with the instructor’s permission. The course instructor has complete discretion over which students are added to the course.
- Students dropping a course should refer to the dates included in the academic calendar to determine whether or not it will be recorded on their transcripts.
- Students dropping a course should refer to the refund schedule for possible adjustments to their tuition charges.
- Dropping a course could affect the sequencing of courses: i.e. if the course is a prerequisite for another course or if the course is only offered once a year.
- Dropping a course could affect eligibility for financial aid and/or housing.
- Dropping a course may affect NCAA athletic eligibility to complete immediately or in the future
Please note that you are required to successfully complete a minimum of twelve academic credits per semester during each academic year (not including Summer Term) in order to be considered for renewal of financial aid.
- Dropping a course could affect visa status for international students. Our international students must be sure to complete at lease twelve credits worth of coursework with grades of ‘D’ or better in order to maintain proper visa status. ‘W’ grades do not count as completed coursework for visa purposes.
- Dropping a course could affect eligibility to continue in Questrom. Please note that students are required to complete at least three 4-credit academic courses per academic semester (not including Summer Term) to be eligible to continue in Questrom. If you add or drop a course, it is your responsibility to check during the semester to be sure the transaction is complete.