- You do not need tickets for the Questrom Convocation Ceremony or the All-University Commencement Ceremony. Seating is first-come first-served, and there will be plenty of seating. Bring as many guests as you’d like!
- For the Questrom Convocation Ceremony on May 15th, students must arrive to the three court gym at FitRec at 12:45pm.
- For the All-University Commencement Ceremony on May 17th, students must arrive at Harry Agganis Way by 12:15pm.
What to do Before May 15
- Make sure everything is correct before Spring Break (to ensure accuracy in the Commencement Program). Review the following items on the Student Link:
- Projected Grad Date under Academic Summary (Academics tab).
- Diploma and Graduation Information (Academics tab). Enter and confirm your name as you want it to appear on your diploma. This is also how your name will be announced as your cross the stage at the Questrom Convocation Ceremony.
- Degree Advice Report
- Purchase your cap and gown online by TBD to be delivered to your home or for pick-up at the Alley at the GSU the week of commencement. Pick up at the GSU is only available the week of commencement. In-store pick up at Barnes & Noble is not available. Orders can be made through TBD for home delivery. Dates will be updated as soon as they are announced!
- Optional: Purchase your class ring, graduation announcements or diploma frame – click here for more information.
- Complete your exit counseling with the Office of Financial Assistance by the end of April.
- Resolve any outstanding balance with Student Accounting Services by the end of April.
- Contribute to your legacy
- Sign up for celebratory events and activities. More info coming soon!
- Attend Senior Breakfast
- Participate in Senior Week events
Commencement Weekend: May 15-17
The Questrom School of Business Convocation Ceremony for the Class of 2020
Friday, May 15th, 2020 at 1:30pm, Agganis Arena
The Questrom School of Business Convocation Ceremony will begin at 1:30pm in Agganis Arena with a program of speeches, recognitions, and awards. Each student will be announced and recognized individually as they proceed across the stage, shake hands with Dean Fournier or Assistant Dean Brunel and receive a diploma cover.
To allow each student the opportunity to be properly recognized we ask that you and your guests remain seated throughout the ceremony. This will help to create an atmosphere of decorum and respect for every graduate.
- No RSVP is necessary for students or their guests.
- All Questrom students completing their degrees in January 2020, May 2020, or September 2020 are invited to participate.
Students and their guests are invited to a reception at the FitRec Center (next to Agganis Arena) to celebrate the Class of 2020. The reception will begin immediately following the convocation ceremony, and signs will direct guests to the reception.
Students will be able to pick up their diploma at the reception.
Sunday, May 17th, 2020 at 1:00pm, Nickerson Field
The All-University Commencement Ceremony begins at 1:00pm at Nickerson Field. This is a symbolic conferment by the University; students do not receive their actual diplomas at this ceremony. The University Commencement speaker will be announced at Senior Breakfast. More information about the All-University Commencement can be found here.
Arriving at Agganis Arena on May 15
- Questrom graduates report to the three court gym at FitRec at 12:45pm to line up.
- Carry your gown, and plan to put it on after you arrive.
- You will not be able to leave anything in the line up area, so plan to put your personal items in your pocket or small purse.
- It is important that you arrive on time. If you check in late, you will need to proceed across the stage at the end of the line (and out of alphabetical order).
- Students are strongly encouraged to take the T or the BU Shuttle Bus to Agganis Arena.
Guests may begin to enter the front entrance of Agganis Arena at 12:30pm Please plan to arrive no earlier than 12:30pm due to an event prior to the Questrom Convocation Ceremony. Parking near Agganis Arena is expected to be limited. It is strongly encouraged for students and guests to take the BU Shuttle Bus or public transportation.
Over-sized tote bags, backpacks, briefcases and wrapped presents will not be allowed in to the Arena.
We will accommodate all guests with disabilities in the Agganis Garage. Please review the procedure below to request accommodations.
Arriving at Nickerson Field on May 17
Graduates should arrive at Harry Agganis Way no later than 12:15pm to line up for the All-University Commencement Ceremony. There is plenty of seating, so there is no need for guests to feel that they have to arrive early. Signs will be posted to direct both students and their guests to the proper areas.
Bag size is limited to 12″ x 12″ x 6″. Over-sized tote bags, backpacks, briefcases and wrapped presents will not be allowed on to Nickerson Field.
Special Assistance Needs
If one of your guests needs special access to either Nickerson Field or Agganis Arena, please submit the Accommodation Request Form starting April 1st. The deadline to submit the form is Friday, May 3rd.
Graduates needing special assistance for themselves should contact the UDC by emailing QuestromUDC@bu.edu as soon as possible so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
May graduates, and January graduates who have not yet received their diplomas, may pick them up during the Reception at FitRec Center. September graduates will receive their diplomas approximately one month after their official graduation date in September.
How to receive your diploma if you do not attend the Questrom Convocation Ceremony or the reception:
- Pick up at the UDC during regular business hours the week after Commencement.
- Pick up at the Diploma Office during the week of June 15th. (881 Comm Ave, 2nd floor).
- If you indicated a Diploma Mailing Address on the StudentLink, then your diploma will be mailed at the end of June.
Photographs & Video
Because of the potential disruption of numerous photographers coming forward during the Questrom Convocation Ceremony, we have made arrangements for a professional photographer to photograph each student as he or she receives a diploma cover from Dean Fournier or Dean Brunel. Commencement Photos, Inc. will mail proofs to your home address and offer other photo packages for purchase in the weeks after the ceremony.
The Questrom Convocation Ceremony will be video-recorded by Kitay Productions, and will be available for download. Place your order now!
Day of Ceremony Reminders
- Please do not bring personal belongings (e.g. coats and large purses) with you to the line-up areas in the Agganis Arena or outside of Nickerson Field, as there are no facilities to secure these items.
- Wear comfortable footwear. There will be a lot of standing and walking.
- You are allowed to decorate your cap.
- Champagne, balloons, beach balls, or any similar paraphernalia will not be allowed – security will be checking.
- The night before the Questrom Convocation Ceremony: Gowns tend to get wrinkled from the packaging, so hang your gown on a hanger the night before. Also, ironing the gown with low heat can help.
- Cap and gown are required. You will not be allowed to participate in the Questrom Convocation Ceremony or the All-University Ceremony without them.