Spring 2021 Room Reservation Policy for Faculty & Staff
January 25, 2021
Questions? Contact the Questrom Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Rooms will be available for reservation by Questrom Faculty & Staff for 1:1 or small meetings (2-5 people). The capacity of all conference rooms has been reduced to permit social distancing.
The following rules apply to conference rooms:
- All attendees must remain masked at all times
- Adhere to posted capacity limitations & do not move furniture
- No eating is permitted
- Please use the available wipes to clean surfaces before and after you use them
- Rooms are to be used for members of the BU Community only – any visitors need approval to enter our building and may not attend a meeting without approval of the Dean.
The set of conference rooms below will primarily be used for 1:1 or small meetings. Faculty and staff are encouraged to reserve one of these spaces when meeting with each other or a student so they do not have to use their private office.
|Conference Room||COVID Capacity||Zoom Capable|
|508D (“Deans Conference Room”)||5||Yes|
Reservation Process for Conference Rooms:
There are two ways to reserve a conference room this fall:
- Submit the Questrom Room Reservation Request Form – https://questromworld.bu.edu/forms/room-reservation/. Faculty requests will be routed to their Department Administrator, and staff requests will be routed to Gina Ford in the Dean’s Office. We have additional staff working on requests this fall to increase turnaround.
- Reserve a room directly yourself, in Skedda, our in-house room reservation system (separate from 25Live, the University’s room scheduling system).
- Staff members who already have access to Skedda can reserve these rooms directly in Skedda.
- Faculty or Staff who feel they will have a frequent presence on campus and need for drop-in use of conference rooms may request a personal account to directly see availability and reserve rooms on their own. This will provide you will the ability to quickly find and secure a space for informal meetings as needed. To request an account, please email email@example.com.
Additional space for meetings, events, gatherings, or academic-course related needs
All meetings of any size must adhere to the University Meetings, Events, and Gatherings policy. Space for meetings is extremely limited this fall. The largest non-classroom space in Questrom will accommodate 8-10 people only. Classroom space, for non-academic course activities, is limited to 25 people (even if room capacity is greater). Classroom furniture may not be moved. Academic course related activities (ie a faculty led review session) may meet with the standard COVID-Capacity of the room, if space is available.
- Submit the Questrom Room Reservation Request Form – https://questromworld.bu.edu/forms/room-reservation/ . Please select “meeting requiring 8-10 people” or “meeting requiring 10-25 people” as a room option. These requests will be directed to our events & registrar team who will help determine which space would be best for your needs, and provide you guidance on complying with applicable event and visitor policies.