Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
The Graduate PLUS Loan, is credit-based, unlike the Unsubsidized Loan. This is a loan reserved for graduate students who have already borrowed the maximum amount of the Unsubsidized Loan.
The credit review process does not evaluate debt-to-income ratios or credit scores. To be approved, you cannot have an adverse credit history.
The current interest rate for PLUS loans is 6.28% fixed.
How To Apply
- 2021-2022 Grad PLUS Application
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note
- Entrance Counseling — First-time borrowers only. Students who have borrowed Federal Graduate PLUS Loans in prior years through the Direct Loan Program may have this requirement waived.
Adverse Credit History Conditions
- Bankruptcy discharge within the past five years.
- Voluntary surrender of personal property to avoid repossession within the last five years.
- Repossession of collateral within the last five years.
- Foreclosure proceedings started.
- Foreclosure within the last five years.
- Conveying your real property that is subject to a mortgage (by deed) to your lender to avoid foreclosure (deed in lieu of foreclosure).
- Accounts currently 90 days or more delinquent.
- Unpaid collection accounts.
- Charge-offs/write-offs of federal student loans.
- Wage garnishment within the last five years.
- Defaulting on a loan, even if the claim has been paid.
- Lease or contract terminated by default.
- County/state/federal tax lien within the past five years.
Rafik B. Hariri Building
595 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Fall & Spring
Appts: M-Th 8:30am-6:30pm,
M-T 9am-5pm, W-Th 9am-6:30pm, F 9am-1pm
MASTERS & PhD CENTER
Fall & Spring
Appts: M-Th 9am-5pm,