With prior approval, students may take up to three graduate courses from other Boston University colleges for elective credit. These three courses can include no more than two courses from Metropolitan College. Online courses from Metropolitan College are not eligible for transfer credit in our program. Credit for the course will not be applied toward the MBA degree unless the student earns a grade of B or better, and does not count towards the residency requirement as outlined below:
- Full-time MBA students must complete a minimum of 40 graduate-level credits at Questrom.
- PEMBAs entering Fall 2016 and later must complete a minimum of 32 graduate-level credits at Questrom.
- MBA+MSDi students must complete the following residency requirements (of their 84 credit curriculum) for each portion of their degree: 34 credits of the MBA and 40 credits of the MSDi portion must be taken at Questrom.
All courses taken outside of Questrom must go through an approval process in order to count towards the MBA. Students are encouraged to obtain approval prior to taking the course, as retroactive approval is not guaranteed. The criteria for approval are:
- A similar course is not available at Questrom;
- The student provides a compelling reason to take the course given career interests;
- After evaluation by a subject matter expert, the course is deemed to be as rigorous and substantive as a Questrom course.
Only grades of B or better will count toward the MBA or the MBA+MSDi credit requirements. Grades for non-Questrom courses will not be factored into the Questrom cumulative grade point average, which is used to determine honors and academic standing in the program.