MSMFT Coaching Team
As you begin your MSMFT career journey the MSMFT coaching team is committed to helping enhance your job search skills through a variety of methods such as one-on-one coaching, small group workshops, and industry events.
- International Association for Quantitative Finance
- Quantitative Work Alliance for Applied Finance, Education and Wisdom (QWAFAFEQ)
- The Boston Security Analysts Society, Inc. (BSAS)
- CFA Institute
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
The National Financial Mathematics Career Fair is held annually in New York City in late October or early November. This event is open to second year MSMFT students only.
- Columbia Center for Financial Engineering Annual Workshop
- Harvard Business School Finance Conference
- Harvard Business School Investment Conference
- Quinnipiac G.A.M.E. Forum
Our approach is student centered, career focused, and market driven. Career coaches partner with you so that you are self-aware and market-ready as you create your career path, offering a variety of services to support you in your internship and job searches.
Some of the services offered include:
- Resume development and critique
- Career strategy development
- Cover letter development and critique
- Networking and research advice
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Salary negotiation advice
MSMFT students are required to enroll in the course, MF 610: Mathematical Finance Career Management.
The course prepares students for the global employment market in quantitative finance. The course has the following objectives:
- To develop sound networking and job search strategies
- To expose students to leading industry practitioners by way of an industry speaker series
- To prepare students for ‘quant’ interviews
- To develop good career management habits
- To familiarize students with important developments in financial markets and issues of the day that affect the global financial services industry
The course is offered over the duration of the MSMFT program.
Visit our Alumni page for career resouces for our Alumni.
Rafik B. Hariri Building
595 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Fall & Spring
Appts: M-Th 8:30am-6:30pm,
M-T 9am-5pm, W-Th 9am-6:30pm, F 9am-1pm
SPECIALTY MS & PhD CENTER
Fall & Spring