PEMBA CAREER COACHING RESOURCES
As you begin your PEMBA career journey, your dedicated career coach will help you achieve your employment goals and enhance your job search skills through a variety of methods:
- One-on-one coaching
- Reference materials
In addition, you will have access to expert faculty, staff, and other resources as you discover your career path. Please contact Peter DeCotis with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Resource Tools
Use Questrom Tools to:
- book team rooms
- course syllabi, assignments, etc
- building hours
- event flyers
Specific resources for international students.
- Book an appointment with your dedicated career coach.
- Find jobs, internships, and employers to enhance your career strategy.
- Post your resume (after working with your career coach) so employers can find you.
- Attend industry events & job fairs and connect with employers.
- Apply directly to jobs posted.
Big Interview: With access to Handshake, you can use our online Interviewing platform.
- Record yourself and send to your career coach for feedback.
- Listen to experts talk about how to conduct a good interview.
VMock Resume Editing Platform:
A SMART Career Preparation Platform that leverages AI and predictive analytics to score your resume and improve it. If you are a PEMBA student at Questrom and would like a VMock account, email Peter DeCotis at email@example.com.
Our approach is student centered, career focused, and market driven. Career coaches partner with you so that you are self-aware and market-ready as you create your career path, offering a variety of services to support you in your internship and job searches.
Some of the services offered include:
- Resume development and critique
- Career strategy development
- Cover letter development and critique
- Networking and research advice
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Salary negotiation advice
Once you have completed your resume and job search plan with your career coach, we will refer you to our colleagues at the Feld Center so you can partner with the Industry Relations team on your internship and/or job search.
- Briefings on specific company culture, recruiting history, and interview tips
- Industry-themed career exploration events
- Job and internship postings, information sessions, and interview schedules (On-Campus Recruiting)
- Calendar of monthly on-campus career-related activities
During the year, the career coaching team hosts workshops in various formats. Industry partners may speak on relevant topics like interviewing, networking, and negotiating. Our workshops use a hands-on, “learning by doing” approach by incorporating activities into a group environment. We help students to build on career development skills such as mastering interviewing, resume and cover letter writing, and project management.
The career coaching team conducts classes for all PEMBA students through the ES707 course. These classes are designed to cover a wide variety of career-related topics such as developing your 30-second pitch, interviewing, and networking. They are generally offered twice per year in the winter and summer. We advise that you sign up when you are six months to a year from graduation or if you are hoping to change jobs in the near future. Ask your career coach for more details.
Visit Questrom’s Meet Our Alumni page to learn about leaders who are creating value for the world and shaping the business landscape.
Rafik B. Hariri Building
595 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Fall & Spring
Appts: M-Th 8:30am-6:30pm,
M-T 9am-5pm, W-Th 9am-6:30pm, F 9am-1pm
MASTERS & PhD CENTER
Fall & Spring
Appts: M-Th 9am-5pm,