CONTACT THE GRADUATE ADMISSIONS & FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
Set up your BU Email, Credentials, Student Link
Email Set Up
Unless you already have BU credentials, you will be required to set up your BU email and password. This will be used for all BU related sign-ins and will be the primary form of communication for official emails from the university once created. The BU email will allow you to access the Student Link. Information on how to facilitate this process is sent directly from Boston University Information Technology. You must be an enrolled student to start set up these credentials.
For round 1 enrolled students, instructions will be sent in November.
For round 2 enrolled students, instructions will be sent in in December.
Typically instructions will be sent out in late Spring.
Please check your email’s spam folder if you did not receive this communication. If you need the information resent, please contact us for a personal link.
Helpful information regarding your BU Email:
- You will be required to submit your BU ID to set up your email. Your BU ID is listed on the top of your official admit letter, which was emailed to you via docusign.
- Looking for instructions on how to check your BU email? IT has you covered. More details here.
- If you would like to forward your BU email on to your personal email – follow the steps outlined here.
Any issues related to email should be sent to BU IT via their contact us form.
The Student Link
Once you have your credentials set up, you will use this to access the Student Link. The Student Link is an online resource available to all Boston University students with a BU login name and a valid Kerberos password. The website contains useful information for incoming students as well as continuing students, providing access to academic records, financial aid, and job listings, among other necessities. The Link allows enrolled students to obtain their personal records at BU, including schedules, transcripts, and University class schedule information.
An overview for navigating your Student Link can be found under BASICS > GETTING STARTED. You will find FAQs for Student Accounting Services and an explanation of each of the services provided for you through the Student Link. Click Here to set up your student portal access and two-factor authentication through Duo Security.
Navigate Student Link
Click a tab to enter that area of the Student Link. If you encounter any technical problems when using Student Link, or if you have questions, call the Link Support Line at 617-353-LINK (5465).
What can I do on Student Link?
The following is a short list of some of the information you may request, access, and update on Student Link. The complete list is available in Basics/What’s on the Student Link and Index.
The Academics tab is your guide to your academic records and University schedule information.
- View the list of courses for which you are registered by selecting Current Schedule.
- View a comprehensive list of courses you have taken at Boston University by selecting Classes.
- View your grades by selecting Grades.
- Print an unofficial copy of your transcript by selecting Transcript Preview and Ordering.
- Select University Class Schedule to browse or search the entire list of Boston University course offerings by semester and college.
The Money Matters tab is your guide to your financial records at Boston University, including student accounts and financial aid information.
- View and pay your tuition balance by selecting Student Account Inquiry.
- Check the status of a financial aid request by selecting Your Financial Aid.
- Read about financial aid options by selecting General Financial Aid Information.
The Personal Information tab provides access to your personal information such as name, addresses, picture, and any data restrictions on your information, as recorded by the University.
- View and update your address, phone number, and emergency contact information by selecting Address and Phone. You can update this information online.
- Personal Profileis a summary of your personal information, such as birth date, gender, ethnicity, marital status, religion, and information on country of origin for foreign students.
- View the University’s record of your name by selecting Identification (your name).The name will be displayed for 10 seconds for confidentiality. If the name is incorrect or has been changed, this page provides you with a phone number for the Registrar’s office, where it can be changed.
- To restrict public access your data at Boston University, select Directory Information.
- After students are registered for classes, you will be able to access the Student Link using your BU email and login. The Student Link can be used to view final grades, request transcripts, and access/pay tuition bills.