Objective: To register a student for DS class – this is a course where the student pursues independent research under the guidance of a QST faculty member.
When: Most of them will come up in the first few weeks of the semester, but they trickle in year round.
- Student fills out form: https://questromworld.bu.edu/grad/forms/ and submit to MBA Center or the Master’s and PhD Center.
- This form will be sent to AR directly or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check to make sure the form has the necessary signatures: Student, Faculty and Department Chair.
- Go to CC21 for correct semester to see if course is on schedule already. 899 for Grad, 999 for PhD. An AC directed study would be AC899 or AC999 for example.
- Check to see if a section exists with the correct faculty member. If yes, register the student for that course and section. If no, go to next step.
- If not course or section do not exist – tell Becky (insert job title/initials here) what course and section number you need built and she will submit a request with Schedules
- When the course/section are opened – go to CC43 to assign the instructor. Under the section that says Worksheet Name in the correct row, put a question mark then type in the last name of the professor – X to select.
- Register student and notify MBA Center or Master’s and PhD Center that it is complete.