BU on Board
MBA Board Fellows Program
BU on Board is an experiential learning program run by the Social Impact and Nonprofit Management Club at Boston University Questrom School of Business.
The program’s objective is to create value through reciprocal learning between MBA candidates and partner organizations in the Greater Boston Area. The program offers nonprofits an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to their board, while also fostering the next generation of board members, nonprofit leaders, and socially-minded business professionals. At the same time, the program allows MBA students to learn about organizational governance and board service. Together, this partnership will help grow the network of nonprofit leaders in the Greater Boston area.
BU on Board seeks partner organizations that are willing to:
- Host an MBA Board Fellow from September 2021 – December 2021 with the option to extend through April 2021.
- Welcome Board Fellows to attend board meetings and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Designate a staff or board member who will advise, mentor, and assist their Fellow in finding ways to connect with and contribute to the broader board and organization.
- Communicate regularly with BU program staff about their experience.
BU on Board seeks BU MBAs who are willing to:
- Invest time and skill in their designated nonprofit partner organization from September 2021 – December 2021 with the hope of extending to April 2021 if their second-semester schedule permits.
- Be open to attending monthly board meetings and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Regularly communicate with a staff member or board member who will help the fellow connect with and contribute to the broader board and organization.
- Be willing to communicate regularly with BU program staff about the experience
Questions? Please contact Lauren Erlingheuser at email@example.com or Nina Leifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or more information.