How to connect to a remote lab computer
Step 1. Download and connect to BU VPN
You must first connect to the BU VPN Virtual Private Network before you will be able to gain remote access to a lab computer.
Step 2. Install Microsoft Remote Desktop on your device
Remote Desktop is included with Windows. No additional software is required.
Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store.
Step 3. Connect to a lab computer
- Select an available lab computer using the button below.
- Click the Connect button. A connect window will pop-up. Click the Download button.
- Open the file that was downloaded. You will be prompted with a security warning. Click Continue.
- In the user name field, type ad\ followed by your username (For example, ad\username), and then type your password in the password field.
- You will be prompted with another security warning. Click Yes. (Continue on Mac).
VDI Access for Faculty, Students and Staff
For use if all Lab Machines are occupied.