Policies and Procedures
QUESTROM EVENT PLANNING POLICIES
The following policies apply to all gatherings planned, hosted, or sponsored by Boston University Questrom School of Business and its affiliates. Gatherings include events, conferences, and catered meetings/lectures taking place on-campus, off-campus, and/or virtually.
- All gatherings must be planned through Questrom Events and Conferences. Each Questrom unit and group has an assigned event planner in Questrom Events and Conferences. You can find your dedicated event planner here.
- All food and beverages provided at gatherings in the Hariri building, or a university-owned event space, must be provided by Catering on the Charles. Outside food is prohibited from being served in the Hariri building or a university-owned event space.
- Food and beverages for gatherings are only allowed to be served in the Questrom Event and Conference Center, the Atrium, HAR 114, the Undergraduate Lounge, the Graduate Lounge, 418, 420, 424 and the 4th floor lounge area (outside of the team rooms adjacent to the MBA Center). Food and beverages may also be served in the 9th floor event spaces as well as other event spaces across campus.
- Food and beverages may not be served or consumed in any classrooms, conference rooms, or corridors in the Hariri Building.
- Faculty, staff, and students may not rearrange, add, or remove furniture or seating from any classroom, conference room, or event space. Per union agreements, this may only be done by BU Facilities and will be coordinated through QEC.
- Event signage may not be taped, tacked, or adhered to any walls, windows or doors in the Hariri building. Events may be advertised or promoted through the following ways:
- Posters on easels
- Pop-up banners
- Digital signage
- Social media
- Community bulletin boards in the undergraduate and graduate student lounges
QUESTROM EVENT PLANNING PROCEDURES
The following details the planning processes for all on- and off-campus events planned, hosted, or sponsored by Boston University Questrom School of Business and its affiliates.
- All events, conferences, and catered meetings must start with an Event Request Form. Upon submission, your dedicated event planner from QEC will be notified and will begin the planning process.
- Your event planner will schedule a meeting with you to begin the planning process. Units or groups that host multiple events frequently may have a recurring meeting scheduled to streamline communications and planning efforts.