Scroll to top
- Safeguarding the Bioeconomy (2020), Committee Member and Co-author, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press (https://doi.org/10.17226/25525).
- “Standing on the Shoulders of Scotchmer: The Empirical Economics of Cumulative Innovation,” (2017) with Fiona Murray, Scott Stern, and Heidi Williams, in On the Shoulders of Giants: Colleagues Remember Suzanne Scotchmer’s Contributions to Economics (Econometric Society Monographs), Stephen M. Maurer (ed.), Cambridge, UK: Cambridge U Press. Chapter 27, 358-364.
- “Introduction: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Platforms,” with Annabelle Gawer, Brian Silverman, and Scott Stern,” (2017) in Advances in Strategic Management: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Platforms, Jeffrey L. Furman, Annabelle Gawer, Brian Silverman, and Scott Stern (ed), Emerald Publishing: Bingley UK, Introductory Chapter, ix-xix.
- “The America COMPETES Acts: The Future of U.S. Physical Science & Engineering Research?” (2013) in Josh Lerner & Scott Stern, ed., Innovation Policy & the Economy, volume 13, Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- “Comment on Petra Moser & Paul W. Rhode, ‘Did Plant Patents Create the American Rose?’” (2012) in Josh Lerner and Scott Stern, ed., The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity Revisited, Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- “The Economics of Science and Technology Leadership,” (2011) Leadership in Science and Technology: A Reference Handbook, William Sims Bainbridge, Editor, Sage Publications,
- “The Pharmaceutical Industry,” (2006) in The Encyclopedia of Globalization, Robertson, R. and J.A. Scholte (ed.), New York, NY: Routledge.
- “A penny for your quotes?: The impact of biological resource centers on life sciences research,” (2004) with S. Stern, in Biological Resource Centers: Knowledge Hubs for the Life Sciences, S. Stern, Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press.
- “The Drivers of National Innovative Capacity: Implications for Spain and Latin America,” (“Los Factores Impulsores de la Capacidad Innovadora Nacional: Implicaciones para España y America Latina”), (2000) with M. Porter and S. Stern, in Claves de la Economia Mundial.