• QUESTROM SCHOOL OF BUSINESS

COVID-19 INFORMATION & RESOURCE CENTER
    Updates from the School

Questrom Community Update – Looking to the Future

March 17, 2020

From Susan Fournier, Allen Questrom Professor & Dean

By now you have seen President Brown’s memo outlining the very difficult decision to forego further on-campus teaching and activities for the remainder of the Spring semester 2020. I can tell you that such a decision was not taken lightly and only stresses the truly remarkable situation that we are in as a global community.

Tonight’s decision will leave you with a number of questions, many of which we won’t be able to answer right now as we all grapple with this news and our new reality for the foreseeable future. I  assure you we will answer those questions and continue to communicate with you regularly. For now, we must come together even more as a community to support each other.

We promise that we will work tirelessly to make certain that our community remains connected and engaged. For our 2020 graduates, we will find a way, even if virtually, to celebrate all that you have accomplished and endured during this year, as well as during your career at Questrom. As a parent of a graduating senior, I have deep empathy for your situation.

Tonight I can tell you that I am sad. I know that this is not how any of us expected to start 2020, and certainly not how any of us expected to end this academic year. But, I know that we will persevere.

I have been so inspired by the outpouring of support and feedback we have received from our students, faculty, and staff as we tried into new waters. I am also inspired by our student leadership who have taken the reigns to work with our administration to make this a memorable conclusion to the year. I am truly proud to be a member of this bold, brave, and agile community.

So tonight, we reflect on the semester that could have been and tomorrow we embrace a new day and new outlook on the semester that can be, together as one Questrom!