How to Schedule an Appointment with an Advisor on Handshake
- From your homepage, click Appointments on the left side of the screen
- Then click Schedule A New Appointment
- You will see the option to pick a category and type of appointment (Questrom Career Advising or Questrom Academic Advising)
- You will be taken to the next available appointment times once you have selected a category and type
- Select a time that works for you or click on Staff Member to see the availability of various staff members
- Enter details about the appointment in the What can we help you with? section and then click Request at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to the overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment.
No Show Policy
If you miss a Questrom UDC advising appointment or career event without notifying the advisor or event host in advance of the meeting, or arrive 15 minutes late or more, you will be considered as having a missed meeting. You will receive a notification after each missed meeting. If you miss three Questrom UDC appointments and/or career events, you will be blocked out of the Handshake system and will need to schedule a meeting with the Director of Undergraduate Career Management or Director of Undergraduate Academic Advising to regain access.
Undergraduate Offer Policy:
Summer offers: All full-time offers that come from summer employment must remain open until October 15th or for 14 days, whichever comes later.
All other offers: All other offers, whether they are for full-time or internship positions and regardless of the semester they are offered in, must remain open for 14 days.
We understand that special circumstances may arise which would require a student to renege an offer. In these special, but rare, cases we ask students to speak with a Career Advisor at the UDC or an Industry Relations Manager on the Feld Center prior to any final decisions. This situation can damage the reputation of a student and our team is specially trained to help navigate these situations.
We value the relationships we hold with our employers and feel that it is in the best interest of both the students and employers to maintain the following recruiting policies:
- Undergraduate Offer Policy: Summer offers: All full-time offers that come from summer employment must remain open until October 15th or for 14 days, whichever comes later.All other offers: All other offers, whether they are for full-time or internship positions and regardless of the semester they are offered in must remain open for 14 days.
- Undergraduate Pre-Select Policy: Pre-selects must be sent to the Feld Center for Industry Alliances no later than 5 days prior to the corresponding on-campus interview. In the event that pre-selects are not received 5 days prior to the on-campus interview, the employer will be responsible for contacting students directly and arranging their own interview schedules.
The UDC Career Advisors offer unlimited services to alumni that graduated from Questrom (not minors) up to 10 years after graduation. Please visit Handshake to schedule an appointment.
If you are a more seasoned alumnus, you can schedule a consultative appointment with a UDC Career Advisor for direction on what services would best suit your career needs and a list of vetted private practice professionals with whom you can continue to work.
*Please note that during busy times, such as during the academic year, you may have limited access to appointments with a career advisor due to the high demand from current students.