How to Schedule an Appointment with an Advisor on Handshake
- From your homepage, click Appointments on the left side of the screen
- Then click Schedule A New Appointment
- You will see the option to pick a category and type of appointment (Questrom Career Advising or Questrom Academic Advising)
- You will be taken to the next available appointment times once you have selected a category and type
- Select a time that works for you or click on Staff Member to see the availability of various staff members
- Enter details about the appointment in the What can we help you with? section and then click Request at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to the overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment.
No Show Policy
If you miss a Questrom UDC advising appointment or career event without notifying the advisor or event host in advance of the meeting, or arrive 15 minutes late or more, you will be considered as having a missed meeting. You will receive a notification after each missed meeting. If you miss three Questrom UDC appointments and/or career events, you will be blocked out of the Handshake system and will need to schedule a meeting with the Director of Undergraduate Career Management or Director of Undergraduate Academic Advising to regain access.
Honesty and integrity during your search process reflect character, personal brand, and the Boston University Questrom School of Business brand. The professionalism of Questrom students is a trademark recognized by employers. The reputation is built on the quality of our students and their behavior and approach.
While the Feld Center and Undergraduate Development Center have no official student or employer policies regarding the reneging on or rescinding of offers, we remind all parties that they are subject to the terms of the offer agreements and the laws of the state in which the agreement is enacted.
We understand that special circumstances may arise which would require a student to renege an offer. In these special, but rare, cases we ask students to speak with a Career Advisor at the UDC or an Industry Relations Manager on the Feld Center team prior to any final decisions. This situation can damage the reputation of a student and our team is specially trained to help navigate these situations.
The UDC Career Advisors offer unlimited services to alumni that graduated from Questrom (not minors) up to 10 years after graduation. Please visit Handshake to schedule an appointment.
If you are a more seasoned alumnus, you can schedule a consultative appointment with a UDC Career Advisor for direction on what services would best suit your career needs and a list of vetted private practice professionals with whom you can continue to work.
*Please note that during busy times, such as during the academic year, you may have limited access to appointments with a career advisor due to the high demand from current students.