How to Schedule an Appointment with an Advisor on Handshake
- From your homepage, click Appointments on the left side of the screen
- Then click Schedule A New Appointment
- You will see the option to pick a category and type of appointment (Questrom Career Advising or Questrom Academic Advising)
- You will be taken to the next available appointment times once you have selected a category and type
- Select a time that works for you or click on Staff Member to see the availability of various staff members
- Enter details about the appointment in the What can we help you with? section and then click Request at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to the overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment.
No Show Policy
If you miss a Questrom UDC advising appointment or career event without notifying the advisor or event host in advance of the meeting, or arrive 15 minutes late or more, you will be considered as having a missed meeting. You will receive a notification after each missed meeting. If you miss three Questrom UDC appointments and/or career events, you will be blocked out of the Handshake system and will need to schedule a meeting with the Director of Undergraduate Career Management or Director of Undergraduate Academic Advising to regain access.
Student Job Offer and Renege Policy
Undergraduate Offer Policy:
Summer offers: All full-time offers that come from summer employment must remain open until October 15th or for 14 days, whichever comes later.
All other offers: All other offers, whether they are for full-time or internship positions and regardless of the semester they are offered in, must remain open for 14 days.
We understand that special circumstances may arise which would require a student to renege an offer. In these special, but rare, cases it is our policy that students should immediately connect with a Career Advisor at the UDC or an Industry Relations Manager at the Feld Center prior to any final decisions. This situation can damage the reputation of a student and our team is specially trained to help navigate these situations.
INTERNSHIP: Failure to adhere to the above policy will result in the suspension of Handshake privileges. Students must meet with the UDC Director of Undergraduate Career Services or the Feld Director of Employer Engagement to regain Handshake access.
FULL-TIME JOB: Failure to adhere to the above policy will result in the suspension of Handshake privileges while as a student, and the possible loss of career support as an alumna/us. Students must meet with the UDC Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Student Experience and Services and the Feld Center Executive Director to discuss future access to resources.
For additional details on the Undergraduate Renege Policy, visit the Feld Center website.
We value the relationships we hold with our employers and feel that it is in the best interest of both the students and employers to maintain the following recruiting policies:
- Undergraduate Offer Policy: Summer offers: All full-time offers that come from summer employment must remain open until October 15th or for 14 days, whichever comes later.All other offers: All other offers, whether they are for full-time or internship positions and regardless of the semester they are offered in must remain open for 14 days.
- Undergraduate Pre-Select Policy: Pre-selects must be sent to the Feld Center for Industry Alliances no later than 5 days prior to the corresponding on-campus interview. In the event that pre-selects are not received 5 days prior to the on-campus interview, the employer will be responsible for contacting students directly and arranging their own interview schedules.
The Questrom School of Business’ Undergraduate Academic and Career Development Center’s career advising team views career development as a life long journey. Thus, as a graduate of the Questrom School of Business, the UDC career advisors provide lifetime career advising services to alumni (Please note: services are only available to those with a major in Questrom, not a minor or concentration).
In addition to career advising services, all undergraduate alumni have access to the following resources.
- Handshake: Questrom School of Business alumni may search for jobs and apply for opportunities through Handshake. You also have access to additional resources within Handshake like Vault, GoinGlobal and Big Interview.
- Developing Your Job Search Marketing Tools: Get access to alumni career related content, like resume and cover letter samples, through the UDC.
- In addition to Questrom World, the Boston University Alumni Association also offers professional development webinars, continuing education classes, and a BU Alumni app to find professionals in your area and make connecting with other Terriers easier.
- Questrom Connect: A networking platform that connects students and alumni (professionals) with the people and resources that they need to begin having career conversations. It matches students to alumni, as well as alumni to alumni, for mentoring, informational interviewing, job shadowing, career advice, and more.
- Feld Center for Industry Alliances Web Resources: The Feld Center’s website is a central location for career offerings. Access career news/blogs, industry information, featured employers, featured jobs, events, resources and social media.
- LinkedIn Groups: Boston University offers a number of alumni groups on LinkedIn that you can join to connect with thousands of other BU, or specifically Questrom School of Business alumni. See below for a sample list of LinkedIn alumni groups.
Interested in scheduling an appointment with a career advisor?
- If your graduation date was within the last 5 years, schedule a career advising appointment via Handshake.
- If your graduation date was beyond 5 years ago, complete this form.
*Please note that during busy times, such as during the academic year, you may have limited access to appointments with a career advisor due to the high demand from current students.