About the Jam
In collaboration with IBM and sponsorship from leading organizations, Boston University Questrom School of Business is launching an unprecedented Jam on the future of business education. A “Jam” is a large-scale, collaborative online event that drives creativity and thought exploration on a stimulating topic. Through engaging discussion forums, thousands of participants around the world will unite over a 60-hour period. The Jam will unleash the brainpower of a global audience to share, learn, and build—together.
Merck & the Jam
The Business Education Jam will be a worldwide brainstorm like never before. With sponsorship from Merck, this transformational event can reach even greater heights—and vice versa. The Jam provides Merck with the invaluable opportunity to lead a global conversation that will have an impact on business for years to come. The industry perspective that Merck provides will guide the discussion and spark the beginning of a brighter and more innovative future. Through the Jam, Merck will:
- Help drive the development and execution of the Jam as one of only a limited number of presenting sponsors.
- Be placed at the top of all sponsorship recognitions under the heading of “Presented by,” as well as on the central Jam portal hosted by the Questrom School of Business, all collateral and marketing materials that promote the Jam (both printed and electronic), and all post-Jam, publicly distributed materials.
- Gain access to and collaborate with thought leaders, business schools, and future employees.
- Become a prominent leader in the advancement of educational initiatives and build new relationships with valuable stakeholder groups.
- Accelerate innovation and strive for continual improvement in a wide range of important issues, such as how business schools can foster ethical leaders, how management research can drive industry best practices, and how to tap the unlimited potential of the millennial generation.
A research-driven organization dedicated to diversity, integrity, and improving life around the world, Merck and its upstanding mission are closely aligned with the work of the Jam, which focuses on collaboration, research, and shaping a responsible and ethical workforce. As a premier sponsor, Merck will have exceptional access to the development of Jam content, in-Jam activities, post-Jam findings, and Jam-generated data. Engagements of interest to Merck through a sponsorship include:
- Direct access to the Jam management team to help shape, influence, and drive the event
- Offering feedback, developing questions, and providing industry perspective for the 10 forums
- Merck employees at any organizational level participating and bringing relevant insights created during the Jam back to Merck for exploration, dialogue, or potential implementation
- Select Merck executives engaging as VIP guests in the Jam
- Creation of a “Jam poll” question broadcast to Jam participants that will capture data on a topic of interest for Merck, such as exploring interests of new-generation employees, and will be further divided by participant demographics to create a deeper analysis
- The featuring of a Merck leader to host a short, limited-attendance, online “chat session” to explore a topic of interest more deeply
- Engaging Merck stakeholders to help build awareness and participation in this transformational event
- The featuring of Merck research, publications, and efforts that align with Jam topics