Student Video Assignments using Questrom Tools
Are you thinking about tasking your students with creating a video for one of their course assignments, but you’re not sure the best way to go about collecting all those videos? You are?! Ohhh, do I have a solution for you!
The easiest way to do this is through Questrom Tools – you create a quiz using Tests & Quizzes, your students upload their videos and submit them as part of the quiz, and you have all their submissions in one place without having to worry about storage space or security. Done!
Sound easy? It is. Now let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
Feel like watching a video? Here’s a quick tutorial on how to create a quiz with a video submission:
And here’s a video you can share with your students – this one shows how to submit a video assignment through Questrom Tools.
The best way to have students submit their video assignments is through Questrom Tools. It’s pretty easy (for you and for them) – here’s how it’s done:
Students will upload their videos through a Quiz in Questrom Tools. This keeps all their videos in an easy to access, secure place. The first step is setting up the quiz.
- From your Questrom Tools site, click on Tests & Quizzes on the left-hand side of your site.
- If your site does not have a Tests & Quizzes tab, click here to learn how to add it.
- Create an Assessment from Scratch:
- Enter a name for your Quiz, click Create Using Assessment Builder and click the Create button.
- Add a Question to your Quiz:
- Select Short Answer / Essay as the Question Type.
- Enter in the appropriate point value (if any).
- Enter in the Question Text (e.g., Please post your video here.)
- You could also share this video showing students how to upload their videos.
- Click Save.
- Edit the Settings of your Quiz as appropriate:
- On the Settings tab, you can set the due date, set dates for the quiz to automatically open/close, set time-limits for your students, etc.
- For more on using Settings, please contact Questrom ITS.
- Publish your Quiz.