Accessing VMware Horizon
Download files/assignments from Questrom Tools to VMware Horizon
- Log in to VMware Horizon https://questrom.horizon.vmware.com
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Login to Questrom Tools, go to the Assignments or Resources tab (where the instructor has posted the file/assignment) to download the file.
- When you click on the file a dialogue box will appear asking you to save the file, this action will save the file to your virtual machine (in the Documents or Downloads folder in the virtual environment).
- Launch Excel, Project, Access or the appropriate application within VMware Horizon.
- Select the File tab from the menu, then Open and Browse to navigate to where you saved the file (i.e. Documents or Downloads folder).
- Work on your assignment/file, then save the file with a new name to your virtual machine (Save to Documents or Downloads folder in the virtual environment).
Submitting your finished/completed file to Questrom Tools from VMware Horizon
- Within the virtual environment (VMware Horizon) Open the Mozilla Firefox web browser and login to Questrom Tools.
- Go to the course site Assignments tab (or where the instructor requires your file submission)
- Click on “Add Attachments” and browse to the location (Documents or Downloads folder within the virtual environment, where you saved the file.)
- Navigate to the saved file/select it and upload it.
- Exit VMware Horizon.
You file is now saved on Questrom Tools. You can now access Questrom Tools from outside of VMware Horizon and download your file to your local computer.
Delete/Remove your old files from VMWare
- Login to your VMware Horizon https://questrom.horizon.vmware.com
- Launch Excel, Project or Access
- Select File from the menu, then Open and navigate to where you saved the file (Documents or Downloads folder).
- Select or right click on the file(s), then select Delete.
Open VMware Horizon
- Open the VMware Horizon Application
- Login using your BU login and Kerberos password
Register the XLMiner Plugin
- Double click the “ASP Application Manger” icon
- When it opens click the “Register RSP Excel Add-In” button
- Click Exit
- Click the “Excel 2016” icon in the panel on the left to launch Excel, XLMiner will now appear as a tab in Excel
Open Microsoft Project
- Open VMware Horizon and log in (click here for instructions).
- Launch the application named “Project Server 2016 Accounts”
Please note that this name is a bug that Questrom IT is aware of an actively working with our vendor to resolve.